- Day three rained like cRaZy, so we're into day four.
- My honey's wearing a hat and fleece-lined hoody because it's almost thirty degrees cooler than normal.
- Send a note to weather man to please stop all rain until our vacation is over. Check. (are you getting I like lists?)
- My job: Pull twisted string across floor to keep the rock level. Check.
- Use extra blocks we already had and a few purchased ones to shore up the base rock floor. Check.
- My 2nd job: Mush Down. It was my "job" to walk on the chat...er, base rock and "mush it down" because when compacted, it provides a concrete-like base. *light bulb moment* That's how base rock is different than chat.
- Go on diet because "I'm so HEAVY I can mush baserock flat!!!" I said for the benefit of the pewter squirrels, who I suspected were measuring my backside with their little clawed hands.
- Floor level. Check.
- Tired, cold and feeling fat. Check, check and check.
Those darling, little pewter squirrels can be purchased at Pottery Barn. I included them because they're cute and looked like they're praying for better weather...or praying for me not to mush them!
Friday, October 30, 2009