- Not too heavy, but sturdy enough to carry a crystal pitcher full of iced tea and four glasses or an entire coffee set with cups and saucers.
- Not too small, but not so large it fills up the table.
- Low maintenance finish so water rings won't show.
- Simple, but attractive.
- Neutral colored.
- Comfortable handles.
Saturday, January 29, 2011
Trays are hard-working items we take for granted. Two of mine broke this summer so I went *on the hunt* for replacements. I had my internal check list:
Monday, January 24, 2011
...and everything in its place.* Drawers make life easier and help control clutter, especially if they're organized or specialized drawers. We have a warming drawer I use nearly every day. In our kitchen island we have a *skillet drawer* and *mixing bowl drawer* where we put all our stainless mixing bowls. Every one of our end tables and nightstands have at least three drawers. Drawers are just more *user-friendly* than cabinets to me. Am I the only one who dislikes using under-counter cabinets? Antique table; Spice drawer; Stair steps - grand idea! Thread drawer; Cutlery drawer; Under Step drawers; Island fridge drawers and Warming drawer.
Thursday, January 20, 2011
"When the dog bites, when the bee stings...When I'm feeling sad, I simply remember my favorite things and then I don't feel so bad!" Last post with my take on this song. Promise. What is one of your favorite things?? p.s. we got a contract on our home...now the nail-biting part of waiting for everything to go just right.
Labels: Fun Things
Saturday, January 15, 2011
*Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes; Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes. Silver white winters that melt into Springs....*These are MY TAKES on a few favorite things. Two photos show the trend of *trashing* your wedding dress after the ceremony. I ADORE the idea and wished it would've been around when I got married. Anyone do the "trashy thing" or know someone who has?
Monday, January 10, 2011
Cream colored ponies and crisp apple strudels. Door bells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles. Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings. These are a few of my favorite things.....* You may not be able to have a cream colored pony, but how about a cream colored comfy chair to sit in and read? On a diet? How about apple strudel scented candles available on Etsy? Goose-down shoes from Scandia (on sale for $25.00). These items are my take on the song. Anyone else adore goose-down items? Click here for an easy strudel recipe.
Thursday, January 6, 2011
*Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens. Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens. Brown paper packages tied up with strings...these are a few of my favorite things!* Based on that song, these are a few of my favorite things. Anyone have a rain shower head? The copper necklace is available online. Also let truly apologize for not visiting all my fellow-bloggettes lately, but our lake-community home is still on the market (which is picking up) and keeping a spotless home for open house is well...NOT one of my favorite things! Ha!
Saturday, January 1, 2011
* New start. New beginnings. Fresh. Clean slate.* These are the words that I use to describe each new year's beginning.
- The New Year helps me
stop obsessing...er wipe the slate clean on the many times I acted like a *complete monkey* last year when I was trying for *suave.*
- The New Year offers me to start the year not making unrealistic promises to myself ...like exercise.
- In January the air even smells clean to me, so I want to breathe deeper and really RELAX (always a challenge).
- The New Year calls out for me to try something NEW...like maybe ride an ostrich? Or not.
- The New Year may give me opportunities to make new friends! Or not.
- The New Year lets me be
depressed, upset, stressedaccepting about a few more wrinkleslines and *old lady*hands of experience.
- It's time to appreciate one more year and LIVE a little! Anybody jumping on my scooter with me?
So what words describe the beginning of a new year to you?
Labels: New Year