As kids we always were excited to get the wishbone of the turkey. Though we really didn't believe that our wish would come true by pulling the wishbone apart, we did it anyway. I think it was more of a contest just to see who got the longest part of the bone.
Pilgrims from England are reported to have brought this custom over with them. A wish is a desire or strong inclination or prayer-petition for a specific thing.
- I wish for you, gentle reader, that today if your heart is heavy, you will discover a spark of joy in the most unlikely place.
- If your mind is troubled, I wish you find peace in a healthy way.
- If your body is in pain, I wish that you find relief from your suffering and at the most unexpected time.
- If today is wonderful and all is well.....I wish you more of the same.
- This is the stove our moms cooked the turkey in 1968, if they were fortunate enough to have a brand new stove!