The 115 year old main store welcomes you with the aroma of freshly ground coffee and a cheerful woman in an apron asking if she could get you a mug of coffee or tea...not a Styrofoam cup....a ceramic mug. Nice.
- As you walk on the old plank wooden floors, you notice there's beautiful copper hanging on the tongue and groove ceiling overhead and on several shelves. (photos 1 and 2) Notice the old grates in the ceiling in photo one?
- There's a huge selection of gourmet foods, including those from Rothschild Farms, Jake and Amos, Wind and Willow and Olde Westport Spice. Did I say a HUGE selection? Huge.
- It's a kitchen gadget mecca. And here is a wall about 20 feet long crammed with aprons of every description for adults and even a few for children (center photo)
- And there is dinnerware from floor to ceiling - room after room after room.
- Sure there are fragrant lotions and soaps, cookbooks, teapots and unbelievable tea selections.
- Of course they carry cookware that absolutely makes you drool.
- But it's the owners, Becky and Chris Glaze that keep CM a favorite of so many. Becky will be found welcoming you, stocking shelves or waiting on customers. Today her daughter who had a half day off from school was helping out. Chris walked in the back door, probably on his way to the next item on his list that needed to be done.
- They don't have online orders yet, but maybe someday. In the meantime, I'll just have to "represent" and shop there!