Old Sweetwater

Old Sweetwater

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Repurpose...

A few years ago
a friend
bought me this
sweet metal basket
filled to the brim
with white tulips.
After gazing at
them for several
days, I planted
them in the yard
in hopes of
seeing these
beautiful flowers
next Spring.
But what to do
with the
basket?
Storage...
but
for what?



Aha!
Put the dry
laundry
detergent
in it, of course.
I've put my
laundry detergent
in a glass
container
for YEARS.
I found that
this metal
basket was
good because
it was wide enough
to easily fill and
scoop out
the powder.
If you live in high
humidity, you can
put "Stretch and
Seal" over it or sew a clear, soft plastic cap to keep on it
when not in use.

Here's
the one
I've used
for a
very long
time.
The hat
was my
garden hat
before it
got a hole
in the crown,
[not too useful
when keeping
the sun off your
head].
One of these
days I'll get a
new hat.
Whattya think?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely idea! And if you use wonderful lavender scented detergent like I do, I think the metal bucket idea would let more of that heavenly scent waft into the laundry room! Your hat is pretty darn cute too!!!

:) T

Janean said...

Lavender scent reminds me that we used to have four very large Spanish lavender plants. It was very convenient. :)