Old Sweetwater

Old Sweetwater

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Kitchen - Make Mine Simple

Maybe it just me, but I want simple.
We spent over $1,000 for our extra-quiet, "hoity-toity" stainless dishwasher that requires the best dishwasher detergent & rinse agent (cha-ching). I still hand-wash things like German paring knives, Teflon skillets & cheese stuck casserole dishes! lol.
At the old cottage, I stand at the window and wash dishes in the sink.
The huge, ancient Sycamore tree casts shadows through the window that mesmerizes me. I enjoy the feel and smell of the silky, soapy water.
It's quiet.
I let the dishes dry in the drainer and notice the crystal glasses shoot bursts of color on the walls when the sun catches them just right.
It allows me time to reflect and think about the day and appreciate every spoon, dish and bowl.
Is there anyone else who feels this way?

No comments: