Old Sweetwater

Old Sweetwater

Monday, March 16, 2015

Kitchen Before and After



I thought I would share a few photos to show a glimpse of where we started and where we are now. 
When the renovation was at its worst, I didn't have the heart to take a photo. Truth be told, during those times I would sing for joy, do a happy dance, pray "the nightmare" would be over soon. Just being real. 
It's challenging to envision a kitchen in a 150 year old stinky house in a space that was the living room-turned-dining room, especially when there are just mounds of filth and no floor...but I'm glad we didn't give up!
Yesterday I walked into our Farm-inspired kitchen, and even though it isn't quite finished, I. Am. Thrilled. 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

So beautiful, I love how you kept it rustic. My home is almost as old as yours so I can appreciate what you are going through. Where is your stove?

Janean said...

Karen, thank you! Our stove is to the right on another wall. The cabinets and counters are being built by my hubby as I type! I'll share photos when it's done. Hugs!

Janean said...

Karen, thank you! Our stove is to the right on another wall. The cabinets and counters are being built by my hubby as I type! I'll share photos when it's done. Hugs!

Suz said...

your hubby is making the cabinets....lordie, you are one lucky woman...I have pay for everything that is done
I Love your new space...you are so talented...love the open shelves
I was wondering about the stove too...can't pull anything on us Janean...we see and notice everything! :)

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie said...

It's gorgeous! I love everything about it! I'm sure your really enjoying it.

blessings always, Edie Marie